Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Perigee Moon and the Camellia



This cousin to the camellia which gives us tea, came to full bloom
 in the garden on May 5th, under a Wesak moon.
It takes well to that same soil that gives us the redwoods and
rhododendrons here on the Pacific north coast. Some people have made tea
from its leaves and say it contains more caffeine. I've never tried it.

I took this photo with the eastern sky and the rising moon behind me.
When I looked at the picture, I was surprised to see a tiny moon
 above the tip of a petal noting the day.


That so translucent a bloom
without scent 
would be reminiscent of 
 a simple cup of tea
in the dusky morning,
  
who would have thought 
what that would one day signify
on a perigee moon
on the fifth of May


...

No comments:

Post a Comment