Thursday, May 3, 2012

This Wooden Drum



Earth, Air, Fire, and Water
here am I your long lost daughter.
To ocean’s sand and mountain’s loam
I have returned I have come home.

I wandered off a little child
into a storm, a tempest wild.
No wind no rain did fuel this storm
its tumult was of mortals born.

Earth, Air Fire, and Water
Here am I your weary daughter.    
I've traveled far through dimming skies 
and stumbled long with blinded eyes.

Pray let me sleep and dream awhile
on lily petals by the Nile.
Or I could curl up in a bower 
atop the tallest redwood tower.

Earth, Air, Fire, and Water
here am I your beloved daughter.  
This wooden drum is all I own
my hands upon it brought me home.



... 
Photograph by ©Brian Allison

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,

    I enjoyed this one the Wooden Drum..that sound always calls me home..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Truedessa. By the way, if I reply to your comment here, is it forwarded to you?

    ReplyDelete